What if your lover after your death builds a palace to show how much he loves you?! Well it’s not that easy too in today’s era. You can’t have one for yourself but surely you can make a visit to the biggest gift gave from history. A monument called ‘Taj Mahal’ that is an example for every lover in today’s era. The structure has been built with an intricate architecture and with the beautiful white marble. This is the reason why it is listed amongst the seven wonders of the world.
Taj Mahal is situated on the banks of Yamuna river in Agra (Uttar Pradesh – India to be more specific), it is the first spot that people use to visit on the arrival to the city. Do you want to know what to do when you come there? Just reach the hotel or hostel (if you are looking for an hostel there is one nearby the monument called Bonfire), set your luggage, rest yourself and then you will be ready to admire the beauty of the Taj.
If you decide to use the “Auto-rickshaw” to reach the Taj please make sure to be really specific with the drivers or they will take you to the railway station with the same name as the monument. Enjoy the vast area of the fort and don’t forget to go on the top of the fort to admire the view. Then you can opt to go to the local market near the Taj for souvenirs and some snacks or decide to wait for dinner to enjoy a typical meal. There are lots of options for that, an example is the Pind Balluchi.
The adventure is not over yet. A new day started with a new place to explore. You can choose to drive or can opt for public transport to reach Fatehpur Sikri. This is one of the best example of architecture from the Mughal Empire. This place is a complex of buildings, a walled city from the Mughal era with public and private spaces. Fatehpur Sikri is situated at 29 km from Agra and 40 km from the kheria airport. Having said that, enjoy your day!
Most importantly, don’t forget to try the Petha at the original Panchi Petha shop and get lots of them so you can share them with your family and friends and you can say you’ve tried them without any regret!
Tips from my experience
- Use the local transport to save yourself from the crowd and from the struggle to find a place where park your car.
- Try to not visit the city on weekends or during the holidays to avoid crowd. I’m sure you don’t want to spend your day like this.
- Try to not visit the city in a too sunny day but if you do this, make sure to keep yourself hydrated.
- Don’t get confused with the original Panchi Petha shop since there are numerous shops with the same name but only two authentic ones.
- At last, don’t forget to check for online offers for your stay to save money.
Written by: www.mohitarts.wordpress.com