Do you feel energetic today? Because are we all ready to know our next destination!
Eisenstadt is the state capital of Burgenland. It is located to the east. It borders by Hungary, for this reason the region is really influenced by it. The region is very popular for its wines and for the Lake Neusiedl, an attraction for many tourists.
After this short introduction, we can start with the typical foods of the city of Eisenstadt.
The cuisine of Burgenland, as we have said before, is very influenced by Hungarian cuisine, due to its proximity to this one. The foods, in this region, are more spicy than other cities (St. Polten, Linz, Innsbruck, Graz, Klangenfurt am Worthersee) and regions of the Asutria.
The dishes consist mainly of fish, chicken and pork; the potatoes, however, have their own importance.
- Geröstete Kartoffeln – crushed potatoes with onions.
- Buergenlandisches Erdbeerkoch – a type of baked strawberry mush dessert.
- Buergenlandische Gaenseleber – goose liver with onions.
- Bohnensterz – polenta with beans.
- Krautfleckerl – noodles with cabbage.
- Carpa – a kind of fish. You can eat, especially during the Christmas season.
- Palatschinke – a typical Hungarian sweet (here we can find, hungarian influence again), it is kind of crêpe (ingredients: eggs, wheat flour, milk and salt and can be fried with butter or oil) that can be filled with fruit, nuts, chocolate but also with ricotta and spinach, mushrooms, excellent for lunch or dinner.
- Maibock – a type of beer very famous in this city. It’s a clear version of the traditional Bock.
WHERE TO EAT(RESTAURANTS/CAFE’..)
We can’t eat if we can’t find a place. Here’s fro you the places where you can delight your palate.
- Country Inn at Nyikos Park- typical Austrian, European cuisine.
- Zur Blauen Gans – typical Austrian, Hungarian, Mediterranean and European cusine.
- Weingut Gabriel- typical Austrian, European cuisine plus wine bar with outdoor space to enjoy your drink or your food.
- Ohr – typical internzionale, European cuisine.
- Restaurant Limetti – typical Austrian, vegetarian cusine and guess what? Pizza! It’s also an American restaurant in 50s style.
- Kaplan Am Kurpark – Cafe-Konditorei – bar.
- Heuriger & Vinothek Fabian Cucina – typical Austrian, European cuisine plus wine bar with outdoor space.
- Cebu Cafe-Bar.
- In neighborhoods St. Georgen e Kleinhöflein you can taste a good wine, in a peaceful garden of a “Heuriger” (typical Austrian local).
Continue to page 2