We arrived to our destination, so now we can start our exploration of the city of Graz.
Graz is the capital state of Steiermark region (green place, so called because of its surface covered by forests and meadows). The city is part of the UNESCO World Heritage Site and was also European Capital of Culture in 2003. The city is situated on the Mur river and is, approximately, 2 hours apart from Vienna. Graz is also a location of many universities.
To know more (to eat, what to eat, where to have fun, acculturate…) read on.
Let’s start with typical foods, they are a lot of foods here (we imagine you’ll be happy!)
- Kürbiscremesuppe – is a pumpkin cream, served with pumpkin seeds or toasted bread and more drops of oil of pumpkin seeds.
- Beans of Spain Styrian – are used to prepare salads and soups. These are also a source of vitamins.
- Seed oil Styrian pumpkin dgp – a load of vitamins and antioxidant properties. It prevents heart disease and is cholesterol-free and rich in essential fatty acids. Not bad, right?
- Volcano ham Styrian – delicately spicy, made with sea salt and various herbs.
- Styrian horseradish – is a herbaceous plant. It is used for the preparation of main dishes, side dishes, or of good spreads or grated on a snack and a good condiment for salads. Rich in vitamin C.
- Apple of Eastern Styria – as all the apples, has antioxidants and reduces the level of cholesterol. It protects against infectious diseases and has many beneficial properties.
- Pera Pöllauer Hirschbirne – has a low level of acidity and is, particularly, good for people with intolerance. And it is rich in potassium, fiber and iron and… it has also a diuretic effect!
WHERE TO EAT(RESTAURANTS/CAFE’..)
- El Gaucho – Steakhouse, barbecue and Austrian, International, European cuisine.
- Der Steirer – German, Irish, Austrian, European cuisine.
- Frankowitsch – Austrian , European cuisine.
- Restaurant Carl – American restaurant 50s style with international cuisine, fusion. A must visit for those who love vintage style.
- Gosser Brau Graz – brewery / pub serving German, Austrian, European cuisine.
- Genussbar Dreizehn – a perfect combination of bar and restaurant, located in the heart of the historical center of the city. Here you will find a wide selection of wines and creative food that will give you a relaxing evening ..ah!
- Promenade – cafè
Continue to page 2