What we will visit today will be Innsbruck. Are you curious to discover it? So let’s start.
Innsbruck is the state capital of the region of Tirol, one of the most famous regions in Austria. It ‘s a very popular destination for tourists, as you can admire beautiful landscapes. The city of Innsbruck is loved because of its proximity to the Alps, a perfect place for those who love skiing because there are a lot of ski piste.
To know more (to eat, what to eat, where to have fun, acculturate …) read on.
Tyrolean gastronomy has ample choices and we exactly from here we will start our adventure, admiring (and dreaming to taste haha!) local specialties.
Tirol is appreciated for its cured meats (speck in particular) but also for its cheeses, breads, canederli (we already talked about this food in the previous post when we discovered Linz, do you remember?) and so on. Being the Tirol a mountainous place, it will not be hard to find fresh calf and liver. We find also various types of stew with mushrooms or potatoes and eggs. That’s not all because the region offers a wide range of pastries with a wide variety of desserts, including desserts with cream or typical fruits of the mountains: ribes, strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries.
Now we see more closely the typical foods of Innsbruck.
- Käsespätzle – gnocchi with cheese
- Bauern Gröstl – meat stew with roasted potatoes, fried egg and cabbage salad.
- Orangensaft – orange juice.
- Topfenstrudel – puff pastry stuffed with ricotta cheese and raisins.
To accompany the food or just to drink, Tirol prefers beer to wine.
WHERE TO EAT(RESTAURANTS/CAFE’..)
Here are the places where you can enjoy a good lunch or a good dinner.
- Breakfast Club – European, British, vegetarian (and even here, as in Linz, we have thought about you!), International cuisine.
- Gasthof Weisses Rossl – German, Austrian cuisine.
- Wilderin die – Risto bar Austrian, European, German cuisine.
- Weinhaus Happ – German, Austrian, European cuisine.
- Two Sicilies – vegetarian, Italian, Mediterranean cuisine.
- Das Ludwig Burger Restaurant – American cuisine
Continue to page 2