Hello everybody. Today we move to Wallonia (one of the three regions of Belgium) are ready to learn something about the city? So, let’s start right now.
Namur is the capital of Wallonia and it is located next to Meuse and Sambre rivers. Famous for its University and for being an important industrial and commercial center. The language spoken is French. The city also houses the Walloon Parliament.
To know more (to eat, what to eat, where to have fun, acculturate …) continue to read.
Without waste a minute, let’s see the typical dishes of the place.
- Cougnou (also known as bread of Jesus) is a sweet bread, eaten especially during the Christmas season.
- Sirop de Liège – molasses, apple and pear or other fruits. It’s eaten mainly on bread, on gaufre (waffle) or it can be eaten with cheese, especially the Herve cheese.
- Gaufre de Liège – are the famous waffles. They can be found almost everywhere, being the waffles very popular in Belgium.
- Ardenne ham
- Then we have fries and fish (food that we have seen in most of Belgium’s cities like Gent, Antwerp and Brugge).
- The strawberry – we can say that it is the symbol Namur. This is because, thanks to the favorable climate and its great breadth of fields, cultivated in Wépion, a village at the city limits. It’s also known for a famous beer, The Wépionnaise, a special beer because it is made with strawberries.
- Chimay, Orval ,Rochefort, Jupiler – beers.
- Maitrank – wine.
WHERE TO EAT (RESTAURANTS/CAFE’..)
Let’s see bars, restaurants, pubs where you can have a good meal.
- L’air du temps – French and contemporary cusine.
- Attablez-vous – French cuisine.
- Agathopede – French, contemporary cuisine.
- Chateau de Namur L’Ermitage – French cuisine.
- VinoVino – Wine Bar.
- La Maison des Desserts – cafè.
- Chez Chen Wepion – restaurant on the river. Chinese, Asian cuisine.
- Les Cup’inn – bar. Perfect for a good breakfast.
- L’Huile sur le Feu – Italian cuisine.
- LE PATANTHROPE – French, International, Mediterranean, Fusion cuisine.
- Wine and More by Agathopède – pub with French, Belgian, European cuisine.
- Bienvenue Chez Vous – French, contemporary cusine.
Have you noticed that there are lots of French restaurants even if we are Belgium? We can consider Namur a French city located in Wallonia.
Continue to page 2