Another space, another tour, now it’s up to the culinary part. Ready? Let’s start!
A real tradition of the city and the Saarland region is to combine a mix of sweet and savory dishes. For example the bean soup will be eaten with a plum cake. The inhabitants are very attentive about the food and its combinations. They like to eat well. Now let’s see these tasty dishes.
- Kartoffelsuppe: potato soup with crispy bacon and grilled onions and various spices and herbs.
- Frikadeller: meatballs in pan (their shape tends to be flatter than the orginal ones).
- Obstkuchen: fruitcake. It’s a simple cake that can have different combinations of fruit. According to the type of fruit on it, the cake will have a various flavor. A very popular dessert throughout Germany.
- Rhabarberkuchen: rhubarb pie. Also this cake is simple but with the “wow” effect, thanks to its main ingredient: the rhubarb. Try it!
- The most famous alcoholic drink is the “Quetsch”. It is a plum brandy. While the fruit juice is the perfect non-alcoholic option thanks to their high quality.
WHERE TO EAT (RESTAURANTS/CAFE’..)
And now the big dilemma. Where do we eat? Don’t worry, we have the solution!
- KALINSKI Wurstwirtschaft & Gin Bar: German, vegetarian, contemporary cuisine and fast food.
- Zum Stiefel: German and European cuisine.
- Gusto Steakhouse: European, Argentinian, South American, steakhouse, and gluten-free cuisine.
- Die Burgerei: burgers.
- Viertel Muhle: international, vegetarian, vegan cuisine and fast food.
- Trattoria Il Mio: Italian, Mediterranean cuisine.
- Ristorante Pizzeria La Mamma: Italian cuisine.
- Osaka: Japanese, Asian cuisine.
- Mei Thai: Thai cuisine.
- Herzenslust: international cuisine.
- Wongar Australian House: vegetarian, Australian, International cuisine.
Our tour in Saarbrücken is over. Always ready for another adventure somewhere in Germany. Where? It’s up to you to find out. How? Continuing to stay tuned.
Let us know your opinions about this place. If you liked it or not, if you’ve been there or you’re going to go there? What you liked the most or least? We’re curious to read your opinions.
A big kiss to everyone.