Hi everybody. Today you have to be more careful than ever because we are going to discover a destination that has a lot to offer. Are you curious? Let’s have a look.
Salzburg is located to west of Vienna. It was listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site known mainly for its proximity to the Alps and for its close relationship with the music (we will talk about this later). Think that Salzburg is divided into 24 districts! It’s also the pace of many ski resorts and spas.
To know more (to eat, what to eat, where to have fun, acculturate …) continue to read.
Ready for a full immersion in the many local foods of Salzburg? Ready,set, go!
- Kasnocken – dumplings with cheese. A very popular meal in this Asutrian city.
- Rindsuppe – carrots, onions, parsley, celery and beef soup.
- Eachtlingsuppe – a dish made of potatoes, milk and eggs.
- Klachelsuppe – pork and spices soup. It is eaten, especially in winter and it is also very popular in the city of Graz and Klangenfurt.
- Topfen – ricotta, panna and herbs soup.
- Trota – one of the many fresh fish you can eat. It can be served in different ways.
- Fleischkknödel – meatballs. The meat is the main dish of the city so will be easy to find venison, chamois, wild boar, served with blueberries or berries sauces and jams, as the tradition of the typical Austrian dishes wants.
- Bierfleisch – beef stew with beer.
- Knödel – are a kind of dumplings stuffed with meat, fish or vegetables.
- Salzburger Nockerl – the main dessert of Salzburg. It’s a kind of soufflé not too sweet but it tastes delicious. Just try it! We give you the recipe, if yoy want to recreate it, it should take 30 minutes but we think it is not as easy as you might think! Ingredients: 7 egg whites, 2 egg yolks, 1/2 tablespoon sugar, 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar, 1/2 tablespoon of flour, lemon zest, marmalade or custard.
- Apfelstrudel – roll of puff pastry filled with apples, raisins, pine nuts and cinnamon.
- Mozartkugel – round chocolate pralines, stuffed with pistachio marzipan, covered with hazelnut cream and glazed with dark chocolate. So tasty!!
- Gugelhupf – a sweet with raisins and almonds. Also suitable for those who don’t want to overdo with sweets, after all, it is made of dried fruit. Do you agree?
- Zwetschenknödel – sweet flour (or potatoes) dumplings stuffed with prunes.
Typical drinks you can find here are: definitely beer Märzen, (sweet beer), Bernstein, Hefeweizen (dark beer) and Red Bull.
WHERE TO EAT(RESTAURANTS/CAFE’..)
Lots of great places to eat the delicious foods.
- 220 GRAD – caffè.
- Barenwirt – German, Austrian, Central European cuisine.
- Gasthaus Zwettlers – American restaurant 50s style. Typical German, Austrian, European, Central European, International cuisine.
- Organic Pizza Salzburg – typical Italian cuisine, pizza, vegetarian, vegan (did you see that, in addition to vegetarians, we also thought of you, vegan friends?).
- S’Kloane Brauhaus – beer and traditional German, Austrian, European cuisine.
- Tajmahal – typical Indian, halal cuisine.
- St. Peter Stiftskeller – traditional German, Austrian, European cuisine.
- Die Weisse – pub/brewery with traditional German, Austrian cuisine.
- Hans W – bar/pub with typical American, German cuisine.
- Cafe Mozart – cafè withGerman cuisine.
- Carpe Diem Finest Fingerfood – typical international, Mediterranean, European, Spanish cuisine, Fusion and fish.
- Crepe D’or – typical French cuisine, vegetarian, fusion and… fast food!
Continue to page 2