Hello everyone, ready for a new reading? Well, we always talk about travel, we explore city after city, we do tours… Well, how does all this start? What world is behind it? How do you organize a trip? We are here to answer all these questions, let’s get started right now!
Premise: organizing a trip is not absolutely simple, you have to think and pay attention about many things, plan everything down to the smallest detail, you need to be informed a lot, have a lot of patience and a lot of good will and put effort into it (so, yes, your personality counts a lot), however, is not impossible, or at least not always. Let us explain, there are some trips that you must necessarily rely on competent people because the “do-it-yourself” would be so complicated and sometimes even risky. On the contrary, for simpler trips, it is not impossible but the requirements mentioned above are fundamental.
There is a lot to say, but calmly and clearly we will try to explain step by step the various tips to take to organize your trip.
- Taken for granted, but not too much, it could all start with saving for the trip, a sacrifice today to be able to enjoy tomorrow, remember this!
- This may seem like an expected step but in reality it is one of the most important, which not everyone considers and it is the choice of the destination and the duration of your stay. Don’t always let yourselves be influenced by the judgments about a place (remember, everyone has their own perception). “Dream” destinations are not always for everyone, so don’t choose based on this, consider many other aspects. You need to be objective, to be able to understand if you have the strength to manage a certain experience, you need to be aware of your skills as a traveler, how much you could adapt to a situation, aware of the difficulties you might encounter during the journey and maybe you have to be alert to solve the problem with reason. Don’t panic, don’t be discouraged, because not everyone knows they have these characteristics until you get involved, so try small experiences to understand yourself better and to be able to face the more difficult ones.
- Once the destination has been chosen, we enter the heart of the planning, a very demanding phase that requires time and dedication, it is the itinerary. First of all, before doing anything else, get informed, no matter where (today we have many means to do it) but the fundamental thing is to do it. So, analyze what are your interests, what you would absolutely like to see, make a list of your priorities and of those monuments or extra activities to use only if you have free time (also take into consideration what is in the vicinity of the destination you have chosen).
Which means of transport to use to reach the destination and also which means of transport can be used at the destination. It is also necessary to calculate the times of the latter for the various coincidences, work of extreme precision!
Decide where you want to stay and then book hotel or other accommodations.
- When organizing a trip it is also necessary to analyze the possible different climate or season of the place you are going to reach. For example, if on August it is high season, it is not the same in Asia where you could run into monsoons and therefore rainy days.
- Check the political and health situation. If you are going to a very distant destination it is useful, almost necessary, to check the political situation. Why? Because it can simply happen to be involved or to risk skipping the trip because some uprisings for a specific historical-political moment. The same goes for the health situation. Check that the country you are going to is in an acceptable health situation or if you need specific vaccines for the travel. Of course there are official sources such as the “safe travel” site of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, where you can better understand what precautions you need to take. In this regard, don’t forget all the documentation necessary for departures (passport, health cards, identity cards, driving license or other documents necessary for yourself and for the mandatory procedures).
- Check for events or national holidays. This is because in moments of celebration, as well as the city is very busy, the costs of the trip could vary and be higher. So consider whether you are interested or not in order to decide to leave before or after these events.
- Before leaving, decide whether to take guided tours or do-it-yourself ones. Well, both sides have advantages and disadvantages. It’s up to you the choice according to your needs, preferences… Everything is fine as long as you do it!
- Here’s another key part, the budget calculation. It is necessary to make an accurate analysis of how much you want or how you can spend for the trip and once you arrive at the destination (also take into account any and additional costs). Compare prices, fares for flights, accommodation and more. Not necessary, but useful might be the idea of evaluating the price of travel insurance.
- And again, as a suggestion we can tell you to subscribe to the airline newsletters to access the various flight offers at discounted prices or you can accumulate the “miles” of the loyalty points that once accumulated (through the purchase of airline tickets) allow you to access flights at discounted prices, travel in the business area and sometimes even travel for free. These are very underestimated aspects but they can really be your lifeline.
- To stay on the topic of benefit, keep in mind that if you often stay in hotels of the same large companies (Marriot, Holiday Inn or other) you can access their loyalty program, accumulate points and get rewards (such as free stays).
- Give priority to payment with cards for a series of advantages, without forgetting to bring some cash with you if the card payment is not possible or just for small purchases. Then don’t forget, if you go abroad about the currency exchange, you must be prepared on this aspect in order to not make some mistakes.
- Check and update travel equipment and accessories, but also outfits suitable for the occasion (a good cause to take advantage and do some shopping), everything you need for the trip and also during your stay in the host city. If you go by plane or train don’t forget to calculate what the weight of the suitcases should be, what you can bring and what not and so on.
- And in the end a phase of check, control, in order not to miss anything. If you follow these steps, do it without stress, anticipating yourself and not reducing yourself to the last minute which is never a good idea for the success of things (especially in this situation). Said that, we just have to wish you a safe travel and a great adventure!
And you? Have you ever organized a trip by yourself or would you ever do it? Let us know in the comments, we are curious to read you! Meanwhile, we hope to have been useful and to have been clear and why not, even convinced and made you change your mind about organizing a trip.
A kiss to everyone.