Today we will visit Linz, another city in Austria.
Linz is the state capital of the Oberösterreich. The city lies on the banks of the Danube and it is known because it has been declared European Capital of Culture in 2009. So about the culture, there is to know!
To know more (to eat, what to eat, where to have fun, acculturate …) continue to read .
Before immersing yourself in the culture, we will start from a good meal. We discover together, which are the typical foods of this region.
- Tomatencremesuppe – is a soup made of tomatoes, so you have to be fan of the tomato to appreciate it seriously!
- Kalbsrahmgulasch – is a meat stew with canederli (gnocchi made by bread).
- Grüner Veltliner – white wine.
- Linzer Augen (eye Linz) – biscuits filled with jam. A sweet that can’t miss at the table during the Christmas season.
- Linzer Torte – think that it is considered the world’s oldest cake. If you want to try this at home, here is a recipe for you. It’s made by flour, butter , egg yolks, lemon zest, cinnamon and lemon juice, and nuts, but are also used walnuts or almonds, covered with ribes jam or lekvar or, alternatively, of lekvar plum, raspberry or apricot jam.
WHERE TO EAT(RESTAURANTS/CAFE’..)
Now you’re probably wondering where to eat all this good foods, here they are.
- Italian House – typical Italian , Mediterranean cuisine.
- Bombay Palace – typical Indiana cuisine.
- Postlingberg Schlossl – typical Austrian, International, European cuisine
- Gelbes Krokodil – typical Austrian, European and vegetarian (we haven’t forgotten you, dear vegetarians) cuisine.
- Josef Linz – is a pub where you eat the typical Austrian , European cuisine.
- Lentos Café – a bar with a charming terrace where you can taste more than 100 wines. Truly a wide choice!
- Traxlmayr – Viennese-style bar with a wide selection of newspapers, magazines and billiards, plus a beautiful terrace.
PLACES TO VISIT(MUSEUMS/THEATERS..)
Oh yes, it is time for the culture. Ready? Come on.
- Ars Electronica Center – “the Museum of the Future” you will get a chance to explore a 3D virtual world. Not bad, right?
- Lentos – is one of the most important museums of contemporary art in Austria, in which there is also a café and restaurant.
- Stadtmuseum Nordic – has always been an important institution for the residents of Linz. It consists of a collection of historical and archaeological materials and an art exhibition.
- O.K. Centrum für Moderne Kunst – is an illustration of the current trends in modern art.
- Biologiezentrum Linz – botanical and zoological place, flanked by an eco-park. A nice place to visit and learn new things.
- Jesuitenkirche / Alter Dom – the cathedral located on the south end of the central square.
- Landhaus – is a spectacular Renaissance building. All to admire.
- Mariendom / Neuer Dom – is considered the largest church.
- Mozart – as you can imagine from the name, we are talking about Mozart’s house, a place to visit and a lots of symphonies to listen!
This is for you, theater lovers.
Landestheater, Musical Theater, Brucknerhaus, Posthof.
Time for fun now!
- Grottenbahn – the world of dwarfs located in Pöstlingberg. A great adventure to live, don’t you think?
- Linzer Tiergarten / Zoo in Linz – a nice trip to the zoo through the regional fauna , you can’t miss it!
- Swingolf Linz – golf for young and old.
- Navigation on the Danube
- Masters Of Escape – escape game
- Hidden Austria – the discovery of the hidden Austria. A series of excursions that will take you through trails and magnificent landscapes.
For those who don’t want to go to sleep early, don’t worry, you will be very busy.
- Casino Linz.
- Cubus Bar.
- Sky Garden – Lounge Bar with modern gastronomy.
- Rox Music Bar– located in the heart of the city. Nice place, also, for those who want to show their singer skill beacuse there are often karaoke nights.
- Solaris – bar + disc
- Remembar – disco bar
- Vanilli – a modern and stylish club.
The end. We just have to explore the next city.
Let us know your opinions about this place. If you liked it or not, if you’ve been there or you’re going to go there? What do you like least and what more? We are curious to read your opinions.
A big kiss to everyone.
You may be also be interested in