St. Pölten is the state capital of Niederösterreich. It is the largest region of the Austria, so don’t worry, there is so much to see! It is rich in archaeological digs, abbeys and baroque castles. For all wine lovers this is your place, Niederösterreich is very appreciated for its wines.
To know more ( what to eat, where to eat, where to have fun, things to visit…) continue to read.
We start from our source of energy, food. You can’t go to a place and don’t taste the typical foods (you have to taste them before you judge them!). We just have to give a look at the dishes that can be found in Niederösterreich.
- Spargel mit Petersilienerdäpfel (Asparagus with parsley potatoes and hollandaise sauce)
- Marillenknödel (sweet stuffed gnocchi)
- Erdäpfelpuffer Räucherforelle und mit Chili (savoury pie potatoes with smoked trout and red pepper).
If you want to opt for something light, any food made with the potatoes will be fine, even a pizza, for example, as long as it has the potatoes over it, because these are grown in this region and this give them the nomination of the excellence food of the place.
Here, as into Austria in general, you can taste also the famous Pretzel.
WHERE TO EAT(RESTAURANTS/CAFE’..)
- La Dolce Vita – typical Italian cuisine.
- Saloon Milwaukee – typical American cuisine
- Rhodos – typical Greek cuisine
- Gaststätte Figl – typical Austrian and European cuisine.
- Cafe Schubert – traditional Austrian, international and European cuisine.
To you the hard choice!
PLACES TO VISIT(MUSEUMS/THEATERS..)
After we had our break, it’s time for the culture. Here are the places where you can immerse yourself in the past.
- The Cathedral of St.Pölten – in Baroque style in which there are paintings and frescoes.
- Institut der Englischen Fräulein – it is also in Baroque style. A really lovely place!
- Olbrich-Haus – is one of the most beautiful buildings of the Jugendstil style in St.Pölten.
- Landestheater Niederösterreich – St.Pölten theater.
- Former Synagogue – the only synagogue of the Jugendstil cultural movement.
- Landtagsschiff – the government house.
- Festival Playhouse – is a room where there are usually concerts.
- Niederösterreich Museum– multimedia adventure-museum focusing on nature and local history.
- Der Klangturm – here there are galleries and plus you can enjoy a great view.
Many and interesting events there are in St. Pölten, among these there are: Tennis ATP, Film am Dom (a film inside the cathedral), Sankt Pölten Klangweile, Sankt Pölten Hofe.
- Kamptal Gardens – for all the nature lovers, this place is for you. There is the Grafenegg Castle with a magnificent garden, where you can have picnic.
- Seen Viehofner lake – is situated on the bank of the great lake where there is the restaurant Seedose. Here you can spend hours relaxing, reading and listening to live concerts. You can also rent boats (pedal boats, rowboats, canoe, picnic boat), surf and there are track for runners, walking routes and bicycle paths.
For those who prefer animated nights, these are the places for you.
- LaBoom – disco
- NXP Bowling – bar / coffee, Night Club
- ZAZA – St. Poelten– lounge Bar
- Wagramer Alm – disco bar
- Underground – bar with live music
- Tennessee Austria – pub
With this we ended our adventure in St.Pölten but we are ready for another one and you?
Let us know your opinions about this place. If you liked it or not, if you’ve been there or you’re going to go there? What you liked the most or least? We’re curious to read your opinions.
A big kiss to everyone.
You may also be interested in